Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cailin 3 months

I thought I would do a little month by month update of the little one... but since I haven't got it accomplished yet, I guess I will start at 3 months. Cailin still fits into 0-3 months clothing, but I believe she will be outgrowing them soon. I do put her in some of her 3-6 month clothing, especially her new outfits just because it is fun to add some more variety to her wardrobe. I know Brynn was out of 0-3 months by the time she reached this age, this is so far supporting my theory that Cailin will be smaller than Brynn (at least weight wise). Let's see... Cailin is cooing a lot, she has rolled over from her tummy to her back (very rare, but it has happened on a few occasions.), she enjoys tummy time and is not fussy at all on her tummy, and she sleeps very well at night, giving me a 6-7 hour stretch at some point during the night (one night she even slept 10 hours).
Cailin does not enjoy taking bottles, unlike her sister. Matt had the first run with her when I went back to work on nights last week. The first night she slept almost the whole night and cried and cried and only took an ounce when she woke up at 6 am. Then the second night she took 3 ounces with a big fight before bed and then Matt says at 3am she took 3 ounces like a champ. Our daycare lady had the next fight with her this past Monday. Cailin fought until about noon before she finally accepted that Jane was her food source and she needed to take the bottle if she wanted anything in her tummy. She says after she figured that out it was good.
The other thing I wanted to say about her is she is a good communicator. She will let you know if she doesn't like something with her coos, and if you don't listen she will turn beat red and scream! Then when you do what she wants she will smile at you. Our daycare lady realized how right I was when I said she's a good communicator. She said she had never seen a girl turn so purple while crying and then one second later when Jane did what Cailin wanted she smiled at her.
Cailin loves to smile and is very ticklish on her tummy... I can hardly wait to hear her laugh. Here are some pictures of her at her 3 month photo shoot (by me..)
I have 2 month pictures by this monkey that I will post when I get them downloaded onto the computer. I could not find our other camera this morning.

This is the chaos I was working with..
And I posted this because this is the outfit she came home from the hospital in, and I have a picture of her up here on it as well at that time. This is one of the 0-3 month outfits I was talking about and I figure this is one of the last times she will be wearing it.

No comments: